Thursday, March 31, 2011

Deadline Looms


Taking a break.
My back hurts and it's getting late.
The thing about this time is that I won't have time for any refiring.
Well, the first piece is going back into the kiln for a second firing but the other thing is a one time deal.
For submission anyways.
Working like this reminds me of school, staying up late glazing my stuff and loading the kiln.
Someone once said, "art happens at night" and I sort of believe that.
There's something about working in the stillness and darkness that I enjoy.
Perhaps because at night, it's only me and my work, no distractions.
I don't feel good about this stuff, it's not what I wanted or envisioned.
Oh well.
I'll throw this stuff in the kiln tonight and I won't open it up until I get home from work tomorrow.
Maybe I'll get a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment